Wednesday, December 31, 2014

SOUS Die Cut Challenge: Sketchbook Cover

Hey hey... It's me, Helen from Living My Given Life, today wanna share with you a project I did to gear up for 2015!

Can you believe it that today is the last day we are in 2014? When we wake up tomorrow morning, we are in 2015!!! Are you ready to start a new year? I am :)

I have a list I made in the last couple of days that I want to do in 2015, some are new things and some are things I want to restart.

Sketching is one of the new things. I found this big sketch book with plain cover at Barnes & Noble book store for only $8.99! This is perfect for what I wanna do.


I decorated the book cover with some paper doilies, washi tapes (CTMH), gold sequins (CTMH) and mini stapler (CTMH)

For the big year title, I cut the 2015 with my Silhouette Cameo using DCWV glitter cardstock and the triangle border I cut the glitter cardstock using the Triangles Cutting plate from Taylored Expressions.

The white polkadots is very easy to do. I trace the numbers, and then start stamping the dots using the eraser of my daugther's pencil. I used CTMH White Archival Ink. I heat set it for a quick dry. Then I glued the numbers and triangle border.

Easy and quick one :)

Now, it is your turn to get your die cut machine out and play with us this week with EVERYTHING NEW YEAR theme! Link you your project HERE! I cannot wait to check them out :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!


5 comments:

  1. Anyone else sooooooooo dang ready for 2015? I AM! Please let's not repeat much of this year...ugh!
    But anyways! Love the goal AND the project! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH yeah Leah... I am praying for not repeating the sick days....!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful project, Helen!!! I'm not a big goal setter because I hate to fail...lol...I know, I know...lame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katy, I am not setting big goals or resolutions. They stress me out. I only have ONE WORD to live by through the year and walk step by step :D HAPPY NEW YEAR!

      Delete
  3. what a fun idea Helen.. I need to get me one as well and I do so love the way you decorated the cover..
    hugs
    Nanné
    P.s. thank you for the Xmas card :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for leaving a comment. We highly appreciate it.. We all hope you have a great and creative day..