Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Deep Freeze Festival

Good morning! It's Charlotte here with you today to share a layout I did using the Jan. 16th sketch! My family went to the Deep Freeze Festival this year as my youngest daughter was performing there. I had no idea this Festival even existed before this year, but I tell you, it sure was a super fun time! The sketch that Leah designed calls for 3 photos! I had such a hard time narrowing it down, but I managed! So here's my layout....
 
 
 
This layout was actually created in two different parts. Here's what I mean...
 
 
First I created the background on this piece of patterned paper to follow the outline of the sketch.
 
Then I created the next part on a transparency that I had in my stash.  ( The background is really clear, but my kitchen floor wasn't lol) But you get the idea! :) Then all I did was lay the transparency on top of the background and voila! A layout!
 

 
I have just one more little hint to share with you today. See that snowman. Well, he wasn't that color to start with. He came from a very old collection of Basic Grey and was red, green and brown colored. I wanted to use him, but he did not co-ordinate, so out came the markers and presto...a matching snowman for my layout! If you're ever left with some stickers or embellishments that don't match anything...remember...they can be altered to fit! :)

Hope you enjoyed looking at my creation today! We'd love to see yours as well, so please do link up your layouts on the current sketch icon found on the side bar!

Happy Scrapping Friends!
Charlotte Brochu
 
Design Team

6 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte, fabulous layout I love the pink. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty layout!! Thank You for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just SO cool! I LOVE that you shared how these were 2 different pieces...makes the page make more sense and of course, us fellows scrappers need to understand what we are seeing! LOVE how you "fixed" your snowman as well! Smart!
    Great page my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome layout as always Char and so glad to get into that creative head of yours and see how you create your layouts..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job altering that snowman! I would never have guessed he was any color but what's on the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous layout! I love your creativity and what you did with the transparency!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for leaving a comment. We highly appreciate it.. We all hope you have a great and creative day..